1) Why do the water polo players wear those little bonnets on their heads? Does it offer some protection from getting hit in the head, or is it to keep the water our of their ears? Why don't they wear goggles like the swimmers?
2) Does it bother anyone else that the Chinese gymnasts are believed to be underage and there's nothing that anyone can do about it? Would I care as much if they hadn't gotten the gold medal? I think they clearly deserved to win, but it just bothers me when people don't follow rules.
3) Why are there different events for men's and women's gymnastics? I wonder when, historically, the men's apparatus were designated as Horizontal Bar, Pommel Horse, Rings, Parallel Bars, Floor, and Vault while the women only have four: vault, floor, uneven bars, beam. Why don't men do beam? Why can't women do rings?
4) Why do the divers shower before they do their dives?
5) Has there ever been a situation where two teams from the some country (for example, beach volleyball) had to play each other for the gold medal?
Just some random thoughts. I think I've been watching too much coverage!
Say Cheese! by Ree
1 week ago