Monday, August 25, 2008

Book Club Books for 2008-2009

Well, there were some surprises in the list of books that were selected for my book club at the meeting tonight. From the list I predicted, six were on the list:

The Double Bind by Chris Bohjalian
Loving Frank by Nancy Horan
The Year of Fog by Michelle Redmond
Mao's Last Dancer by Li Cunxin
Miracle in the Andes by Nando Parrado (we did this in my other book club)
Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier

The others that were chosen were:

When a Crocodile Eats the Sun by Peter Godwin
Tallgrass by Sandra Dallas
The Nine by Jeffrey Toobin

Looks like I've got some good readin' to do!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you read Eat, Pray, Love as a group, let me know what the consensus is. That book does generate a lot of conversation!

Loved The Last Lecture. Think it should be required reading.

Lori ~ The Simple Life at Home said...

I'm so excited. We are putting together a book club here. Now I've got some great ideas for suggestions.

Enjoy your reading!

Leeann said...

Thanks for the book ideas. I was surprised at how many I am not familiar with. I had heard of Loving Frank through you, and I have read Miracle in the Andes and the Last Lecture.

I also had never heard of the Peanut Butter company. Sounds intriguing!

leeann
niccofive.blogspot.com