Monday, August 4, 2008

Off to the Lake!

I'd hoped to schedule posts to drip every day while I'm away, but I'm not sure I've completely mastered how to make that happen with blogger. It's a really handy feature that I use all the time at my About.com site. So, my brand new blog effort may sit idle while we're gone to the lake.
We are going to Smith Mountain Lake with six other families. From what I understand, cell service is spotty, so I don't have much hope for internet access either. I am not taking my laptop, but I will have my iPod Touch, so if I do get a wireless signal, I will send an update via that.
I am looking forward to it; it's our first visit but everyone says it's lovely. We are looking forward to doing some boating, hanging out with friends, and just relaxing. I'm taking several books: The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett, which will likely take me months and months to finish, so I read it sporadically. But I also reading Austenland by Shannon Hale, and hoping to start Loving Frank by Nancy Horan, which is my summer reading assignment for book club.
Have a great week - and stop back next weekend for an update about the lake!

No comments: